Downtown Campus Director AnnouncedFollowing an extensive search process that included numerous applications and several on-campus interviews, we are pleased to announce that Liz Tremblay will serve as our Ascension Episcopal School Downtown Campus Director beginning at the conclusion of this school year.
Liz is a Louisiana native who graduated from New Iberia Senior High School before going on to earn her undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University and her master’s degree in educational leadership from California Baptist University. Prior to Ascension, she taught elementary and middle school for eleven years at Highland Baptist Christian School in New Iberia. Additionally, she served in various leadership capacities, such as department chair and varsity cheer coach during her tenure. Liz and her husband, Claude, have three children (Claude - age 21, Gabrielle - 20, and Jacques - 16).
Thank you to our Ascension faculty and parents that served on their respective panels during this process and all those who interviewed the candidates. The following is just a sample of the words from those who interviewed Liz:
- “She exudes excellent leadership skills/qualities and composure.”
- “I was impressed by her organization and communication skills – her experiences are extremely impressive.”
- “She has a clear vision for how she would handle the role.”
- “Hands down, my top choice…because of her wisdom, foresight, and thoroughness.”
- “After spending time with her, I am confident Liz is the right one for the job.”
- “She has a clear vision for moving Ascension forward yet continuing to keep our mission the focus. I respect her and value her leadership.”
“It is an honor and a great responsibility to be offered the privilege of serving in the capacity of Downtown Campus Director at Ascension. I am humbly grateful that God has afforded me this opportunity. May He be glorified as we work together toward our school’s mission of providing educational excellence in a Christian environment.”