Mission & Purpose
As embodiments of the Christian faith, Episcopal schools are created to be communities that honor, celebrate, and worship God as the center of life. They are created to be models of God’s love and grace. They are created to serve God in Christ in all persons, regardless of origin, background, ability, or religion. They are created to “strive for justice and peace among all people and [to] respect the dignity of every human being.” These principles are the basis on which identity and vocation are to be defined in Episcopal schools. (National Association of Episcopal Schools)
Ascension Episcopal School is committed to educational excellence in a Christian environment.
To accomplish our mission, Ascension Episcopal School offers programs that:
- Nurture the spirit and inspire stewardship
- Sharpen the mind by stimulating the intellect, and encouraging creativity and truth seeking
- Foster servant leadership opportunities that positively shape character
- Promote healthy decision-making and life-long wellness by conditioning the body for healthy living and competitive interscholastic activity
Ascension Episcopal School is dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment in which we help each other identify, grow, and utilize our unique, God-given gifts and talents to build affirming relationships, to serve others, and to glorify God.
O Heavenly Father, who has given us Thy Son, Jesus Christ, to be our Redeemer and friend: help us to understand His friendship, and to do such things that will please Him. Bless us in our work and our play. Make us gentle, generous, truthful, kind and brave. Keep us in purity of heart, and let the life of our school go on from strength to strength and have its place and meaning in Thy Kingdom: all of which we ask through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Gentleness, Generosity, Truthfulness, Kindness, and Bravery
- How does my life fit into God’s unfolding plan?
- What significant positive impact can my life have on others near and far?
- How and what will I contribute today?
At Ascension, we value:
- Developmentally appropriate values and goals
- Each student’s individuality as a child of God
- A positive self-image
- Christian morals and teachings in the Episcopal tradition
- The ability to think creatively and critically
- A curriculum that maximizes each student’s potential
- A teaching environment that is exciting, challenging, and fun
- The development of a healthy body